Posted by John L on June 13, 19101 at 17:06:31:
In Reply to: Disk Copy program posted by David I. on June 13, 19101 at 14:08:52:
: Is there a DiskCopy program to convert disk images to disks for the Apple IIc+?
: David I. :)
There are a few programs that will convert Apple // disk images (DSK) into actual 5.25" disks. The most common are:
1. ADT 1.22 (Apple Disk Transfer)
- This program allows a user to transfer a whole 5.25" Apple // disk image directly from a PC/Mac to an Apple // series machine via a serial link.
- Comes in various versions for DOS 3.3, ProDOS, MSDOS and MacOS
2. ASIMOV 1.3
- converts DSK files into 5.25" Apple // disk format (ProDOS 8) and vice versa
3. ASIMOV 2.0
- converts DSK,IMG,NIB files into appropriate disk formats (5.25", 800K, Volume restored)
- runs under GSOS only
- DSK to file conversion (ProDOS 8)
5. Copy II Plus 7.4 (or higher)
- converts IMG to 800K or 143K disk format
The above files can be found at:
and its various mirror sites around the world.
NOTE: Some Apple // files will be in BXY or SHK (Shrinkit) format. These files need to be unpacked using SHRINKIT 3.4 on a //e or //c.
I suggest you visit this URL to get started with Apple // resources:
Post a Followup